PLANNING YOUR TRIP
McDonald County may be small, but it has a big appetite for good food. Whether you’re looking for a familiar chain or a local gem, you’ll find plenty of options to satisfy your cravings. And that’s just one more reason to visit us again and again.
If you’re in the mood for something fast and easy, you can’t go wrong with McDonald’s, Taco Bell, Sonic, Casey’s, Subway, or our two Daylight Donuts shops.
If you want to support local businesses and enjoy some tasty treats, check out Burger Time (they have the best fries in McDonald County), Country Market, or Pineville Bowling Alley (their pizza is amazing).
Need a hearty breakfast before hitting the river? Marydean’s Cafe has you covered with classic American dishes, or Stang’s Travel Center can whip up some hot biscuits and gravy for you. The Mustang Bistro is a great place to get your caffeine fix and a delicious breakfast sandwich. And don’t forget about Queen Bee, open on weekends for breakfast!
Want to relax and unwind with your family after a fun day? Los Maricahi’s Mexican Restuarant, Bubba’s BBQ, Hurleys Olde Bay Family style restaurant and Haven-55 are all excellent choices. Haven-55 also has The Cave Bar & Grill and the Tavern at Haven for takeout.
We love our local businesses and we hope you do too. They make our community special and they’ll make your visit memorable. Come back soon and bring your appetite!
See The Sights
Hey, you know what? McDonald County is not just about the river. It’s got so much more to offer for anyone who loves nature and history. Check out some of the cool things you can do here. For example, you can:
– Hike or camp at Big Sugar Creek State Park or Huckleberry Ridge Conservation Area
– Bike along the Chinquapin Trail or the Pineville Bike Park and Trail
– See the stunning views at Buffalo Hills Natural Area
– Have fun with your family at Right Choices Corn Maze (only open in fall)
– Learn about the wild west and Jesse James at the Historic McDonald County Courthouse Museum
– Go spelunking at Bluff Dwellers’ Cave or other caves in the area
And that’s not all. There are also some awesome places nearby that you can visit, like:
– Crystal Bridges Museum, where you can see amazing art and architecture
– Branson, Missouri, where you can enjoy shows, rides, and shopping
– Eureka Springs, Arkansas, where you can relax in a charming town with spas and springs
– Grand Lake of the Cherokees, where you can fish, boat, and swim
– Cooper Chapel, where you can admire a beautiful glass chapel in the woods
– Beaver Lake Arkansas, where you can enjoy more water activities and scenery
So what are you waiting for? Come to McDonald County and have a blast!While the river is an amazing place to both relax and play, there are also a few other options that can perfectly showcase why we’re so proud to be a part of this beautiful County. If being outdoors is your forte, options include:
Big Sugar Creek State Park,
Huckleberry Ridge Conservation Area,
Buffalo Hills Natural Area, and seasonally,
Right Choices Corn Maze is great for the family!
Pineville Bike Park and Trail
You and your family could also take a trip to the Historic McDonald County Courthouse Museum to learn about our rich history, and who doesn’t want to hear the story of Jesse James? Wish to be enjoying life in the cool underground? McDonald County is home to 530 explored caves! Enjoy the tours available at Bluffdwellers’ Cave, or if you have a knack for exploring on your own, take a trip to one of these caves! Whatever you enjoy doing, you’re sure to find something to fall in love with, and many more reasons to come back.
Here are a few other Nearby attractions you may enjoy:
Crystal Bridges Museum 21 miles away
Branson, Missouri 83 miles away
Eureka Springs, Arkansas 52 miles away
Grand Lake of the Cherokees 30 miles away